Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Radio Dept. - "David"

August 28, 2013
Album: Clinging to a Scheme*
As promised, I am currently in a cafe writing this blogpost. I just had a sinful butter croissant and am currently in a good mood which means that absolutely nothing can go wrong. I had a few songs by the Radio Dept. before, but none of them seemed to stand out to me. That is, until I found this gem. I was sitting in my friends living room one day, casually petting his puppy, when this song came on shuffle and I immediately had to seize what I was doing and ask him who it was by. Ever since then, this song has slowly been making it closer to the top of my "Most Played" Playlist, which, believe me, is quite a feat. If I had to pick the most quintessential indie song on my iPod, I would probably pick this one right next to Beach House's "The Hours". I've heard from a good amount of people that they have never found a song that they have particularly enjoyed by this band, and if you are in the same boat, break that cycle and give this song a listen. 

"Asleep for twenty years with this feeling,
but I was on your side. 
And he's spent some twenty years with this feeling,
of being lost inside.
he was lost inside,
of his mind.
Just like I've been holding on for all our lives."

4 comments:

  1. Not to be weird or anything, but I heard from one of my friends that he goes to school with you and just wanted to say that it's such a small world. I introduced him to your blog since I have been reading it from the beginning and I haven't disliked one post yet. If you ever come to Oregon, we have to meet up and chill because I would love to pick your brain :) Don't stop posting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not weird at all! If you knew me in person, you'd know all the creepy situations I get myself into, so this is fairly normal. Yess! He somehow found me through our school's confession page, but I don't go to that school anymore since I transferred. Either way, it's a small world :) Thank you so much for the support and for liking it enough to show others, it really does mean a lot to me! And I just might take you up on that offer since my friend and I might move to Portland or Salem after we graduate haha. I'll try to keep at it! :)

      Delete
  2. This has become my new favorite song! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't kill it for yourself, because I definitely did hahaha :)

      Delete