Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Toro Y Moi - "Still Sound"

August 27, 2013
Album: Underneath the Pine*
Alright, I'm not going to go into my usual spiel about how I haven't blogged in a long time, but will jump right into things instead. I transferred to a new school and have found that this one is a little too similar to the one that I just left. Unfortunately, I feel like it has the same vibes and everyone is a little too eager to get done with classes and go home. I'm actually not complaining too much because there are plenty of ways to get involved (clubs, social groups, the Greek system), I'm just waiting for the right one to come along. Until then, I am perfectly happy chilling in little cafe's and writing these blogposts. Other than transferring, I went to India again this summer, and had the most amazing time. I feel like I have way too many "deep" talks on here so I don't want to get into it, but I am turning 20 soon and I definitely feel another quarter life crisis on my hands. But other than that, life's been pretty good :). Megan and Ashley surprised me with tickets to a music festival in which Modest MousePurity Ring, Deerhunter, Devendra Banhart, and a new favorite, Toro Y Moi played! Needless to say, I have the best, and most thoughtful, friends and they are way too kind. But back to Toro y Moi. I discovered him in the beginning of this year, but since my posts were so sparse, I never got a chance to write about him. He has the perfect balance of trip hop and synthpop and I have yet to find a song that I dislike by him. For those of you who are a fan of either, check him out because I feel like he will become really popular, really soon. Also, if you enjoy the original, be sure to listen to the remix by Teen Daze as well because he did an amazing job!
Toro Y Moi!
Purity ring was hauntingly beautiful
Modest Mouse! :)

"There was a finer life when you were with us here,
And we knew there was a next time.
That's what I still want now,
Even if I'm here and I think that you won't be waiting."

4 comments:

  1. I am so stoked that you started to post again! :] Are you still going to do question and answer things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! I am actually really glad that I started to post again as well :) And of course! Once I get enough questions, I'll for sure do a Q&A post!

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty! Can you post more recent pictures of yourself, I always loved seeing your style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah!! I don't think I'm going to post as many pictures as I used to, but I definitely will here and there :))

      Delete