Sunday, September 8, 2013

Afta-1 - "Honeydip"

September 8, 2013
Album: Aftathoughts*
After a year of having unnecessary bits and bobs on my too-large desk, I finally got around to cleaning everything up today and now I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I do not understand how it inevitably gets to that state even when I try and keep it tidy--does this happen to anyone else? I think that it is mostly due to the fact that I am extremely lazy when I come home from school and I'd much rather dump random things onto my table than find a suitable place for them. I'm now telling myself that this has to change, but let's be honest, it's probably going to become messier than before since I have  a shit-ton of projects coming up. Alright, let's talk Afta-1. I do not know much about him and after trying to research more about him for this post, I am convinced that he'd rather keep it that way. I couldn't even find his Facebook page and his Soundcloud seems outdated as well. I guess it does not matter, though, because all you need to know is that this song is sick. The first time you hear it, you might think that the beat is simple/catchy enough, but after every listen, you notice the subtle nuances and figure out the addicting, irregular pattern. Also, I got a comment asking if I was open to do more Q&A posts, and I decided that I am, so ask away in the comment section below!

2 comments:

  1. I just checked my email and realized that you are finally back! Also, don't feel bad about the desk situation, I really do think that it happens to everyone who is remotely sane. And as always, you are spot on with your music! Downloaded and already on my iPhone :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, I am back :) Thanks for the support on the desk issue! haha Also, yayy! I am so happy that you liked it enough to download it !

      Delete