Monday, September 16, 2013

Kaki King - "Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers"

September 16, 2013
Album: ...Until We Felt Red*
As I mentioned yesterday, I made a "Study" playlist that I can listen to as I prepare for my test tomorrow and this is another song that's on it. I'm guessing that other people who know this song did the same thing I did and listened to it just because they were curious about the name. I'm still not sure how this song got it's name, but I am glad that the title is attention grabbing because the song is so serene. This song transforms to fit any mood that you may be in-I have listened to it when I'm happy and I feel like this song has such good vibes, but when I am sad, it can be pretty depressing. Before this song, I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a steel lap guitar, and I'm glad that it introduced me to it. Kaki King is also a one woman band, which I think is quite impressive.

5 comments:

  1. YOU'RE POSTING ALMOST EVERY DAY NOW, WELCOME BACK BABBYYY!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha not quite everyday, but yes, I'm back!! :D

      Delete
  2. What's a lap guitar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nvm, I just watched the video. That's so cool!

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha!! That's pretty much what happened to me the first time I heard about it :)

      Delete