Friday, September 13, 2013

People Get Ready - "Zelda Maria"

September 13, 2013
Album: People Get Ready*

Today I got to hang out with the first friend I made after we moved to California/best friend from elementary school. I can't get over the fact that even though it had been over a decade since we last saw each other in person, we were able to go right back to the way we used to be. No awkward pauses, no polite, surface-level conversations. Connections with others are so strong and I seem to forget that at times and I'm glad that I have these moments to remind myself that I really should not lose touch with people who were once so close to me. Also, today is another "Friday the 13th" and considering how unlucky I usually am, today was quite normal. I think that I have run out of ways to transition from my rambles to the music, so this will just have to do haha. I discovered People Get Ready shortly after I discovered Ducktails (who I will do a post on soon) and was first attracted to their rad album cover. I soon fell in love with this song and began to put it on every mixed cd that I made this year. I find it extremely hard to believe that this song has less than three thousand views on Youtube since I think that many would grow just as attached as I did to this song. So go ahead, give this song a listen and spread their name!

4 comments:

  1. For some reason this song sounds really familiar to me but I know that I haven't heard it before..strange. I did like it, it does need more views! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, I felt the same way! haha :)

      Delete
  2. Dude that has for sure happened to me with a reunion that I had with my baseball team from dayss ago! This song is dope though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yee that makes sense, it's crazy how weird it feels! Thanks David! :)

      Delete