Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Secret Whistle - "Perdido"

September 15, 2013
Album: Capturing Something*
I have spent the majority of my day studying for a test, which wasn't too bad because I took the opportunity to make a playlist specifically for it. I had to first and foremost add this song, which has been on every mellow playlist that I have made in the past couple of years. I originally heard this song on NPR and had to track it down and find out who it was by (which is an extremely hard task when trying to find an instrumental). I am glad that I succeeded, though, because I genuinely think that this song is beautiful. It isn't mind blowing in any shape or form, it just is what it is and that's what makes it so great. I'm finding it a bit difficult to articulate exactly why I like it so much, so you are just going to have to take a chance and listen to it. 


4 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right, words can't explain how lovely it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you agree :) It's hard to put it into words haha

      Delete
  2. Where do you find music like this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly just find music in the randomest ways, whether I hear it at a friend's house or just stumble upon it on Youtube. If you want to find more music like this though, I would consider just finding this station on Pandora :) I hope that helped!

      Delete