Wednesday, September 4, 2013

XXYYXX - "XXYYXX"

September 4, 2013
Album:XXYYXX*
While I am writing this, I am incredibly mad at myself for not doing a post on Marcel Everett, or XXYYXX, sooner! Just earlier this year, most of his music was available to download for free on his Bandcamp. Now it's just five dollars, but still haha. Oh well, the money's honestly worth it because his music is so unique and chill. He is known to distort his vocal samples and even play them backwards, like in his infamous track "About You". I have to admit that his music might not be everyone's cup of tea since it is pretty off the beaten path, but I think that those who would dig it would really appreciate what he does. I can for sure say that I haven't heard a lot of music that is similar to his, which says a lot since I am quite fond of listening to music that is quirky and odd. I think that this would be the best album to introduce you to him, and I think that it's his most popular one as well. I am really glad that he has been getting a lot more recognition lately, because he deserves it for  doing something so different!  If any of you guys are into chill beats and interesting samples, be sure to at least listen to the songs posted below:

The most popular song off the album: "About You" (I just have to quickly mention that the music video for this song is beyond chill, so check it out, even if it's just for the video)
Some of my favorites: "DMT""Fields""Set It Off""Breeze", and "Alone"

6 comments: